The garage room becomes a storage place for the car, a workshop for regular technical inspection and repair, planned oil changes, spare parts. In addition, it is in the garages that many store all kinds of things, for example, gardening, sports, travel equipment, canned products. Of course, every centimeter I want to use as rationally as possible. And today it's time to talk about an important topic: how to correctly, competently and effectively clean up the garage.
Naturally, there should be clean, tidy, everything needs to be put in their places. But this is not as simple as it might seem to someone at first glance! A huge amount of things, not enough space, convincing yourself to throw something away is not easy. However, putting everything in perfect order is worth it: you will not only get additional space, but in the future you will take everything you need in a matter of seconds. It is very convenient for work and stay in the garage.
Let's consider in more detail a lot of useful tips, recommendations, evaluate different storage options.
Why put things in order and make storage systems?
First of all, we need motivation. The fact is that cleaning up the garage is really necessary. Only in a room where everything is thought out in detail and well organized is you able to work productively and conveniently store your things. Let us dwell only on key points.
- Of course, the first obvious advantage of ordering in a garage is saving space. You will even be surprised how much extra space you will have if you take a responsible approach to storage.
- Expanding the space, increasing the capabilities of the room. This plus is not immediately noticeable. The bottom line is: we used to use floor space, cabinets, shelves for storage. Moreover, the volume can be increased if effective storage methods are used. For example, brackets for strollers, bicycles and other things are fixed on the walls. And some shelves and brackets can be fixed even on the ceiling. And there they will perfectly perform their functions, and the horizontal area, floor, will remain free.
- Access to all items will be free. You will be able to take any item as quickly as possible if you organize the storage systems in the garage with your own hands. For example, even if you simply label and number numerous shelves, doors, containers, it will be noticeably easier for you to find something.
- Comfort in the operation of the room will be significantly increased. When the garage is in order, it is more pleasant to be there, it is easier to eliminate dirt and dust, to conduct regular general cleaning. After all, if everything is cluttered, sometimes it simply does not seem possible to bring cleanliness to the room well. Of course, do not forget about good lighting, including in the viewing hole.
- The level of technical and fire safety is increasing. Everything can be securely fixed, mounted, provided access to cables and ventilation, lighting and heating devices. Nothing accidentally falls, and the planned replacement of the outlet does not turn into a problem.
Of course, one should not forget about environmental safety, sanitary condition of the room. When the garage is in order, there is nothing superfluous, cleaning is carried out regularly, and there the air is quite clean. Here we must remember about ventilation.
Thirty secrets of order in the garage
It's time to make out thirty great tips to clean up your garage. Remember all the nuances. You all this strategy of action will certainly come in handy when you begin to deal with the analysis of things and the organization of storage systems in your garage.
- The most important thing that determines the order in the garage is the correct placement, storage in the open form of the most commonly used things. It can be all kinds of details, tools. All such items are kept in sight in convenient and easy-to-access storage systems. Things that are used less often should be stored as compactly as possible. Here you can apply and closed cabinets, shelves, storage systems. Useful Tips
Let us dwell briefly on some points.
- Do not forget the ceiling! Use it too.
- Install storage systems more compactly.
- Use more systems made of metal rather than wood.
- Make more shelves all over the walls.
- Keep inventory properly.
- Make perforated toolbars.
- Place equipment carefully for sports and tourism.
- Learn to hang bicycles.
- Notice how space is used here horizontally and vertically. Systems must be heterogeneous.
- The basement should also have order. Remember lighting and ventilation.
Do it yourself, think over the nuances. And in your garage there will always be perfect order, cleanliness and comfort, it will become easier to work, there will be free space.
If you like to keep your tools upright (as in tool stores), then all you need is a pad. Besides the fact that this method is convenient, it is still very cheap to implement. Plus, there are many add-ons, the use of which provides almost endless organizational capabilities.
Wire spool holder
If you have a lot of coils with wire, then they can be hopelessly tangled and also scattered. And the decision to organize them is very simple: a holder for coils that you can buy or quickly make yourself (an hour of work, wooden boards and wooden dowels).
27 Lifehacks for organizing space in the garage
Interesting, Tips, Decor, Workshop, Furniture, Interior
Use PVC pipes of different diameters to arrange tools in your workshop or garage.
Use the magnetic holder for knives to place small objects such as - drills, keys, cues and other things. And do not dig into the box.
With just a few pieces of wood, crates will no longer take up valuable space in the garage. It also allows you to get better access to each mailbox.
Paper towel holder
Why didn’t I think of this before? Use paper towel fasteners to conveniently place garbage bags.
Use cans to store smaller items.
Make wood brackets to place garden chairs on the wall. And they will no longer interfere underfoot.
Cans with a screwed lid on the bottom of the shelf will help you conveniently store screws, screws, nuts and other trifles.
Use a rubber cord
Use a rubber cord to store sports balls.
Electrical tape storage
A tape is a thing that is always hard to find, it is never in place. If you have the materials and basic skills for working with wood, then you can make this convenient container, you can use it both in the garage and in the workshop.
Storage of long materials
The plastic grill is great for storing pipes, skirting boards, profiles and other long materials.
Regardless of the size of the garage, it seems that there is never enough space. Use the space under the ceiling and make hanging racks to store things that you rarely use there.
It is always nice when you know where the tools are. This project will help you place all the screwdrivers in one place.
Use PVC pipes of different diameters to arrange tools in your workshop or garage.
A convenient option for storing brushes in the garage.
Having made such rails from plywood and boards - you can free up a lot of space in your garage.
Set up separate storage areas in the garage. Separately for the garden, tools, spare parts and more.
Storage of garden tools
Thanks to this design, you can conveniently place garden tools.
Metal pots are ideal for storing detergents. You can also use them on shelves as pull-out containers.
With this design, you can easily free up space in the garage and place the stairs on the ceiling.
On a similar rack can accommodate a large number of tools. It is easily modified for any type of instrument.
Fishing rod storage
When the season ends, where do you store your fishing rods? You can buy a special rack or make your own from an iron lattice.
Bookcase - book
From sheets of plywood or perforated plate and canopies you can make a convenient design with quick access to tools.
Use perforated pipes for convenient placement of tools. This is the easiest and most effective way to organize your workspace.
Make a folding workbench that will save a lot of space in the garage or workshop.
With a magnetic holder for knives and plastic containers, you can make this convenient design.