1. Purpose of the lesson: to formulate the concepts of skills, style and manners of communication, to help students realize their communicative abilities, communication skills.
2. Lesson plan.
The main part is 30 minutes.
(the material is based on the presentation, which reflects the basic concepts, built schemes, presents tasks):
– introduction of concepts «communication skills ”,“ communication style ”, the work of students in notebooks,
– classification and characterization of communication styles (in the form of a “question-answer”),
– fulfillment of task No. 1 (after listening to the proposed dialogs, determine what communication style is represented in them),
– the implementation of task number 2 (breaking into groups, fill out the table)
– introduction of the concept of “manner of communication”, highlighting its features,
– classification of communication methods,
– fulfillment of task No. 3 (after viewing video fragments, to determine what manner of communication is presented in them),
Summing up - 5 min.
– notebooks for recording lesson topics and basic concepts,
– Psychology: Textbook. VI, class / Ed. I.V. Dubrovina,
– presentation to the lesson (Appendix No. 1),
– dialogue cards,
– tables with communication styles (Appendix No. 2),
– equipment for multimedia accompaniment of the lesson.
4. The content and methodology.
The theme of our lesson is “Skills, style and manner of communication”. Today we will find out what is the manner of communication, what are the styles of communication, we will practice to define them and talk about where the knowledge can be applied.
Every day we communicate with various people. But different people have different communication abilities. They appear in communication skills: Question: what do you mean by the ability to communicate? (The ability to establish and develop contacts with people, to make communication bright, pleasant, meaningful).
Communication skills include many specific communication skills. Let's look at the screen. Communication skill is a way or action of communication familiar to a person. To make it clear to you what communication skills are, I will give examples. To reach out in response to a friend’s greeting, wave goodbye, say “Hello” or “Hello”, say “Hello!” Or “Listen”, picking up the telephone. Question: What other communication skills can you name?
Let's talk about communication style. This is a combination of familiar, firmly mastered by a person ways (skills) of communication with other people.
Can be called several communication styles: friendly, businesslike, detached, overwhelming. Let's take a closer look at each of these styles.
Friendly communication laid-back, relaxed, frank. The interlocutors feel free, calm, openly express their feelings. Friendly communication helps to convey your feelings, feelings. Question: What feelings and emotions do the interlocutors experience? (Joy, pleasure, calm)
Business conversation - this is the communication of people who are united by a common cause: they work together, study. Business communication style helps to achieve success in business, together solve a particular problem. Question: Where can I find a business style of communication? (In the office, at business negotiations, head-subordinate, teacher-student).
Detached style communication is used where people are not connected in life, and there is no need to reveal themselves in communication. We use this style of communication when, for example, we ask a passerby on the street what time is it. Question: Relying on the picture, tell me, where else can I meet the detached style of communication? (Seller, at the hairdresser, in the restaurant).
Overwhelming style Communication is used when one wants to suppress the will of another person - to make him do something or abandon his plans. Question: What feelings and emotions does a person experience with overwhelming style? (Negative emotions: resentment, anger, hostility).
I want to draw your attention to the fact that, depending on the situation, people use different communication styles, alternate them. He knows how to communicate one who owns different styles of communication and freely moves from one to another. It is important to understand when and what communication style is appropriate.
Let's do task number 1. Now two guys will go to the board, read the dialogue, and everyone else will listen to them carefully and then answer the question, what communication style does each of the participants in the dialogue use.
- Tell me, please, how to get to the library!
- Get to the end of the street, turn right and see a three-story library building.
“Can I get there by bus?”
- Yes, you need a third number.
- Thank! (detached communication style)
- Hello! Do you want to go to the cinema with me?
- Something I don’t really want.
- And why? Bad mood? Let's go, at the same time you will have fun!
- Well, I persuaded (friendly communication style)
“Why didn't you wash the dishes?”
- I'm late for training.
- I repeat to you again, until you finish cleaning, I won’t let you go anywhere!
(overwhelming communication style)
- I believe that this rule needs to be applied in this equation.
- This is absolutely correct! Finally, we found the right solution.
- Maybe now we can relax and go for a walk?
“I'm glad you suggested this because I really love walking!”
(business, friendly communication styles)
Question: What do you think should be a person who knows how to communicate? (He knows how to communicate one who owns different styles of communication and freely moves from one to another).
Now we will move on to the next task. We break into 4 teams. Each will be given a card with an example of a communication style, participants should come up with a situation in which this style is appropriate, describe the facial expressions, gestures of the communication participants and the feelings that it evokes and fill out the table. After completing the assignment, everyone sits in their places, and one representative from the team comes to me and read out the answers. The task takes 5 minutes to complete.
Consider the concept of "manner of communication". This is a combination of communication skills that conveys a certain internal state of a person.
As we can see from the diagram, the manner of communication is manifested in some of its features:
in the tone of communication (excited, calm, domineering),
in behavior (the way a person behaves in communication: restrained, restless, assertive),
in how a person feels in communication (confidently, uncertainly, trustingly, wary)
in wordsthat a person uses to express his thoughts and feelings.
The manners of communication are diverse. We’ll name some of the most common in life: confident, uncertain, rude, indifferent.
Sure.Communication tone: calm. The wordsthat a person uses accurately express their thoughts and feelings. With this manner of communication, “magic the words"Courtesy -" Thank you, "" Please. " They express a calm, respectful attitude to the interlocutor. Pose person expresses calm.
Uncertain.Communication tone: excited. Behavior - fussy-restless. The words communications show that a person doubts what he is saying, even if in fact he is right: “Maybe. ", "I dont know maybe. ". Pose - sluggish, back stooped, shoulders turned forward.
Coarse.Communication tone - no objection. Behavior - sharp, assertive. AT words - blaming or insulting another person, Pose threatening - “hands on hips”, head bent forward, heavy look, from underneath.
Indifferent.Communication tone: expressionless, the words have little certainty - “On the one hand. on the other hand". Gestures inexpressive, lethargic. Glance “soaring in the clouds” or aimed at the interlocutor, but not focused on him. Pose expresses calmness and at the same time detachment - the body is tilted back, away from the interlocutor.
And now let's see the following video clips and determine the manner of communication of the main characters.
Question: What is the most universal manner of communication, that is, suitable for all occasions? (Sure).
So, in today's lesson, we met with new concepts: «communication skills ”,“ communication style ”and“ communication style ”. We learned that each person has the ability to communicate, but they appear in each person in their own way. We learned that there are various styles of communication, examined in detail 4 of them: friendly, business, detached and overwhelming. For better communication, you need to own different styles and choose the one that is most suitable in this situation. We also called the manner of communication: confident, uncertain, rude and indifferent, and decided that the most universal and suitable for all occasions is a confident manner of communication.
Aggression (directive style)
It is traditionally believed that aggression is bad. Children are taught to resolve conflicts peacefully, without fights. In leadership workshops, facilitators usually focus on the need for respect for subordinates.
Indeed, aggressiveness is undesirable and even harmful primarily for the initiator of aggression. When we “attack” another person, the adrenal glands release adrenaline into the blood and the body goes into a fighting state. A fighter athlete, having received such a push, would have to pounce on his opponent and take his life, or at least cripple him. But we are not on the battlefield or even in the boxing ring, so we can’t “discharge” by sending a hated colleague a knockout. But aggressiveness strikes our body: blood pressure rises, heart rate quickens.
But, on the other hand, there are situations when it is necessary to “include” natural aggression. There are categories of people with whom it is impossible otherwise. For example, with frank saboteurs who, under various pretexts, evade tasks. Of course, these are best fired. And if it doesn’t work out? If there are no worthy candidates and not the time: the plan is on fire, is everyone on vacation? Sometimes it makes sense to “intimidate” such a person, for example, by raising his voice at him. And that might work.
Example 2. The training manager of the trading company Vadim E. needed to organize training for sales staff. The head of the AHO Semyon V. was responsible for the training room, he had to organize cleaning there, and then transfer the keys. What a surprise Vadim was when, having come into the room on the day of the training, he found a mess there! He called Semyon, but he reluctantly replied that he knew nothing and in general it was not his business. Then Vadim very loudly and with a threat in his voice warned that if work on the preparation of the premises did not begin right away, he would write a memo to the director and would make every effort to get Semen fired.
The situation quickly resolved. Semyon arrived with a cleaner and a loader, and an hour later the training room was ready.
By the way, aggression is indispensable and justified when it is necessary to stop arrogant or dangerous behavior. When we are openly and cynically used, deceived, we can and should demonstrate our discontent and readiness to fight back with voice, facial expressions, posture.
But, applying an aggressive way of communication, you need to remember the following rules:
1. Aggression should be applied only when you cannot do without it. It is better not to use this style of communication.
2. One must be aware of the consequences of an aggressive “attack”. Aggression in any case gives rise to retaliatory aggression. If the “offended” cannot answer the “offender” right away, then he will hold a grudge and will take revenge. So, starting a “war” against a colleague, you need to be aware that the opponent will answer.
3. Aggressive effects should be as short as possible.
4. You cannot humiliate another person. We can excuse pain and even injustice, but humiliation is difficult to forgive. This applies, for example, to cases where the aggressor acts in the presence of other people. It is only necessary to punish individually.
5. You can not "finish off." It happens that the leader, giving a thrashing at the meeting, sets off in ecstasy and continues to enjoy attacking his subordinates, criticizing their work. This is a completely stupid occupation. Of course, a narrow-minded and self-respecting person can get a perverted pleasure from observing the confused faces of other people. But this does not help the common cause.
And the most important thing. They get used to the aggressive style and even enjoy it, turning into some kind of corporate monsters, which are told by horror stories for generations of employees. This is a very dangerous and bad habit. HR is definitely not recommended to use an aggressive form of behavior constantly.
In general, they do not like to obey, since it is believed that this is the lot of the weak. By the way, the style of "submission" is not described anywhere. People are so disliked to be led that sometimes they don’t even think that in life some command, while others follow orders. But this is a wrong, ostrich position. To be able to obey is necessary. A good specialist is able to build relationships with the leader so that they are mutually beneficial.
Personnel Specialist needs to obey competently. Other employees should see a positive example of submission and understand that they can communicate constructively with superiors. By its behavior, hr shows that to obey does not mean to be humiliated. It is rather the ability to understand the other person and do as he wants. The boss is not a dictator, but a client. You need to communicate with him as a dear guest: figuring out needs and clarifying desires. Often the opposite happens. The leader gives the order, and the subordinate immediately puts forward arguments why he cannot fulfill it. Imagine a hairdresser, to whom a client comes and asks to make a hairstyle: “It’s more authentic here, it’s shorter here, but leave a ponytail here.” And in response he hears: "No, I can’t do this, it’s wrong and ugly." Such a hairdresser is unlikely to last long in the service market.
To use the submission style correctly, you must adhere to the following rules:
1. Do not start the task until it became clear what the result should be. If the boss cannot articulate exactly what he wants, he needs help. Yes, this is not a very pleasant recommendation, but there is nothing to be done, sometimes you have to do work for the bosses. If the leader is unable or incapable of introducing specifics, then it is imperative to clarify when the task should be completed and what the result should be.
Example 3. Marianne S., a selection specialist, was given the task of finding a logistician in a transport and storage service. But the manager could not formulate in any way what kind of specialist he needed: with or without work experience, with a higher education or with a secondary specialist. To all Marianna’s attempts to understand what kind of employee the manager wants to see, the latter answered: “I need him to work well.”
Then the recruiter did this: she compiled a list of all possible logistic skills (about 30 positions) and asked the head of the transport and storage service to leave only the 7 most important qualities, from his point of view. Thus, she got a professional portrait of the candidate. Pretty soon, the right person was picked up and hired.
2. Exclude flattery. No need to demonstrate over-preparedness and faithfully "devour" the eyes of the boss. The desire to receive bonuses through a good personal relationship with management is understandable, but does not cause respect.
3. If the task cannot be completed, you need to tell the leader about this, explaining the reasons. Delayed deadlines, failure to fulfill, empty promises are unacceptable. It’s better to immediately “exit the game” and not spoil one another’s nerves.
Opinion. Victoria Kharitonova, Leading Recruiter, Unity Recruitment Agency
Each person has a certain set of role models that he uses regularly. Someone does it consciously, someone does not.
If you look from a professional point of view, then the most comfortable in communication will be the applicant / colleague who can change and adjust his communication style for specific people and the situation. In this case, the interlocutor may feel that he is on the same wavelength with his opponent. And for business, this is the most effective form of interaction.
The most striking examples of the application of various communication styles emerge from everyday life. Moreover, they are connected precisely with the fact that people cannot or do not have time to rebuild. If a teacher with experience enters public transport, you can immediately notice him, for example, through a short dialogue with the conductor, in his way of staying, in the authoritarian style of communication. Also very easy in style of communication can be distinguished from the crowd of the military.
Example 4. Business coach Andrei D. was asked to conduct training for the sales staff of the company. In addition to the traditional content (stages of sales, establishing contact with the client, etc.), he needed to develop an additional training module. Management called it a “motivational training unit.” Andrei had to conduct “special exercises” that would strengthen the desire of managers and sellers to sell more and allow them to love their company. The result should have been concrete - in the form of a 12% increase in revenue. The business coach refused, since there are no such “magic” methods.
4. Change the attitude.As we have already said, the ability to obey is an indicator of professionalism, and not an expression of a humble position.
There are, of course, “contraindications”. The submission style is designed to communicate with clients and managers. For a conversation with arrogant, aggressive people, he is not suitable.
This interaction option is the most creative and productive. Partners communicate on equal terms, striving to comply with each other's interests. This is a rather complicated kind of relationship. In most cases, this style is used by colleagues who are on the same hierarchical level, although partnerships are also possible in the dyad “boss - subordinate." The main principle of cooperation is that the solution should satisfy all parties. The disadvantage is that it is a rather “slow” style of communication. Aggressive-directive and submissive forms provide faster decision making. In the first case, this is achieved by suppressing the will of man, and in the second, by consciously subordinating their interests to the desires of another.
The style of cooperation is great for solving creative, extraordinary tasks, implementing complex projects. Only a collective mind can cope with an unusual problem, and it arises only in conditions of mutual respect. Some creative teams can exist exclusively in conditions of cooperation. For example, musical groups in which all are authors and performers.
For the HR manager, this communication style should be basic. The position of hr in the organization is such that he often performs consultative and advisory functions, participating in meetings and acting as a coordinator or manager of hr-projects.
The recommendations here are:
1. To use the style of cooperation, you first need to make sure that all parties are ready for this. Dominant or slave should not be.
2. Be prepared to take responsibility for decisions. "Sit back" behind someone else's back will not work.
3. Respect the opinions and conclusions of other people, no matter how illogical they may seem.
Example 5. The retail network of gas stations decided to develop service standards. The consultant who managed the project insisted that employees of different levels participate in the working groups - heads of departments, gas station managers, office employees. It was believed that this was the best way to write real-life documents. And so it happened. Due to the fact that employees with different experience and vision of the situation participated in the creation of the regulations, it was possible to understand exactly what kind of relationship the client expects. Standard speech turns turned out to be interesting and not like the decisions of other companies. The organization quickly became visible among other car fuel sellers and increased its profits.
Such a style can hardly be called communication. Rather, it is a way to get away from communication. Sometimes we are forced to communicate with an unpleasant person. This may be a client, boss or a casual companion on the train. The detached style allows you to be present, but minimizes communication. Here are some simple tips on how to communicate “distantly”:
1. Do not initiate communication. If necessary, they will ask.
2. No emotions, facial expressions, gestures. The face is a stone mask. It is useful to train this skill in front of the mirror.
3. Speech - extremely dry, without adjectives, jargon and diminutive expressions.
4. Answer in monosyllables whenever possible: yes, no, I don’t know, we'll see.
5. Do not use this style with important people. Unless, of course, you want to lose them.
The ability to move away is great in cases where you have to communicate with aggressive people. Therefore, this style can be considered as a technique for opposing the aggressor.
Example 6. Ulyana K., a recruiter for a company producing and selling disposable tableware, faced a difficult situation. It was necessary to find a leading specialist in sales. Despite the fact that there were a lot of people who wanted to work in their specialty, the requirements for the “sales person” were high. Work experience should have been at least 10 years, and in the same field in which the company operates. In this case, the candidate should have been well aware of computer programs for sales analytics. In general, the situation is complicated.
The selection of the candidate dragged on, and on this basis conflicts began to arise with the sales director. Alexander V. was very fond of power; he came from a wealthy family. He never stood behind the counter, he didn’t have to travel to clients as an agent. He took up his position thanks to the acquaintances of his parents and the ability to rudely flatter. He became the "best friend" for the head of the company, because during meetings he devotedly and adoringly devoured the boss's eyes, intensely assenting and nodding his head. In relations with his subordinates, he preferred a different style of communication - in elevated tones.
Due to the fact that Ulyana could not find a specialist, Alexander began to regularly call her to his office and report back. Ulyana reacted violently, began to cry and make excuses.
The situation repeated itself over and over. In the end, Ulyana fell ill, her blood pressure increased, obsessive states, fears began to develop. If the HR specialist had used the removal style, then the arrogance of the insolent sales director would have dried up pretty quickly. But her humiliated posture and tears only intensified aggression.
Aggressors - people, as a rule, are short-sighted, in their life there is nothing but the desire to assert oneself. They treat everyone the same. They have no sympathy for relatives, friends. They are dominated by their painful emotions. But if the aggressor sees that they are ignoring him, the meaning of life is lost for him. So what is most likely in relationships with such people is to distance oneself from them, to leave communication.
How to switch
Truly free is one who can choose how to behave. It is impossible, and not practical, to be only aggressive or cooperative all the time. To manage your conditions, you need to follow a few simple rules:
1. Be aware of your current mood. It is he who determines the style of communication at a particular moment. First, the state changes, then the behavior. Sometimes we feel too aggressive to accept the style of cooperation. First you need to recognize the presence of this mood.
2. Enter the "state of zero excitement." It’s not possible to quickly switch from one style to another. There are many distractions in life that prevent you from doing this. First you need to stop communication for a few minutes. You can go out of the office to the street, expose your face to the sun and listen to the wind, you can look out the window and watch the cars. The main thing at the same time is to be distracted, stop turning to the interlocutor even mentally.
3. Choose the desired communication style and begin to behave in accordance with it.
A good type of training is behavioral training of effective communications, confident behavior, conflict resolution, etc. They are useful in that during the lesson the participant has to consciously switch from one state to another. The transition skill is gradually becoming more stable, and switching takes a matter of seconds. The HR specialist needs to go to such trainings. There he gets the opportunity to look at himself from the side and adjust his behavior.
Varieties of dialogue styles
Communication styles are different, and for each individual situation the most suitable one is selected, both in terms of behavior and interaction. For any situation, it is common for a person to “submit” himself in different ways. But with inadequate self-flow, dialogue becomes difficult.
To bring some clarity to this issue, psychologists have proposed descriptions of four styles of interactions that consist of:
- Ritual. It depends on the culture in which man is destined to live. These can be greetings and questions asked during the meeting, as well as answers.
- Imperative. It is an authoritarian, directive way of communication. An imperative style is achieved control over the interlocutor’s behavior, his attitudes are crushed under him, or he is forced to perform certain actions and make decisions. This is achieved through orders, regulations and requirements. Usually, an imperative style is used in the army, in relations between superiors and subordinates, as well as in working with extreme conditions.
- Manipulative. If everything is extremely clear and open in the imperative style, then in the manipulative interlocutor he has a secretive influence. But the goal remains the same: to take control of the opponent’s behavior and thoughts.
- Humanistic. This method has all kinds of dialogue. There is already equal communication, the purpose of which is to achieve mutual knowledge and self-knowledge. There is no place for imperative, and deep understanding is achieved.
Communication styles: democratic, liberal and business
The democratic style provides that before making any decision, it is necessary to discuss it. What does it mean?
- Effective use of motivation.
- The presence of satisfaction with the fruits of their labor.
- Unleashing creativity, encouraging initiative.
- Maintaining a favorable psychological climate.
For the liberal (it will be described in more detail below), one distinguishing feature from the democratic one is that the interlocutor, who has a higher status in society or at work in this group of interlocutors, is soft and flexible. As a result, people have a greater opportunity for self-government.
Business style is most often associated with official business, which is not entirely true, since this style has a purpose for use not only within the state, but also between them. It provides for both oral and written form with the complete exclusion of dual understanding. The official style is guided by organizations with various forms of ownership, mainly in written form, and in oral form - partnership communications. This style is designed for negotiating, concluding mutually beneficial transactions, etc.
But the world is not fixated only on business communications, for there is also a professional kind of interaction. Here, specialists from some industry are already talking with a set of highly specialized terms.
Communication styles will include conversational and everyday in your list. It is characterized by informal relations, which are associated not only with life, family, friends, but also with the professional environment. Conversational speech is used in interpersonal communication. It is precisely because of this that its manifestation has in most cases an oral form in spontaneous dialogues. Thinking about what was said during such a conversation is not always acceptable.
Even colloquial speech is used for self-expression, with its help individual personality abilities are manifested, since it has an emotional coloring.
A large role here is assigned to nonverbal means of interaction and expressive body signals. Also, informal communication has found wide application in everyday household vocabulary:
- Words with a subjective assessment.
- Expressive-emotional statements.
- In the form of abbreviations.
- In the form of colloquial phraseology.
- A variety of particles, etc.
Exclamation and incentive sentences are also widely practiced. This style of speech is used only in certain specific cases.
Due to the authoritarian style, the leader personally makes any decisions, from orders to giving instructions. They always accurately determine the “boundaries of competence” of any person, that is, they get a tough definition of the rank between partners and subordinates. Therefore, communication styles include an authoritarian one, the use of which contributes to decision-making by the upper floors of the hierarchy, followed by flowing down under the guise of directive decisions. Because of this, the style is sometimes called directive. At the same time, the leader or leader does not have the slightest desire to encourage discussion of directives: he believes that they must be steadily followed.
The leader reserves the right to control and evaluate how effective the activity is. managers with a similar communication style usually suffer from excessive self-esteem, excessive self-confidence, aggressiveness and a tendency to stereotyped dialogue, black and white perception of subordinates along with their actions.
The authoritarian style of communication is inherent in people with dogmatic thinking, as a result of which the only right answer will be it, and all others can be wrong. Leading a discussion with such people, analyzing their decisions is a waste of time, since the manifestation of initiative by such people, as a rule, is not encouraged.
Communication Styles: Liberal
Consider the liberal genre of dialogue on the example of the educator. It differs from other styles by its lack of initiative, irresponsibility, inconsistency in decision-making and actions, indecision for difficult situational moments. It is natural for such an interlocutor to ostensibly forget his previous statements, and after some time he can load the interlocutors completely opposite with respect to the data given earlier. It can let the dialogue go by itself, overestimating the capabilities of the interlocutors.
The liberal evaluates his listeners depending on their mood: if he is in a good mood, then a positive assessment will follow, with a bad one - a negative one. This approach to dialogue undermines the liberal’s reputation in the eyes of the interlocutors. But there is a positive side to the nature of such a dialogue: he does not want to completely spoil relations with opponents, showing benevolence to everyone during the conversation, the interlocutors are perceived as communicative, proactive, truthful and independent.
Dialogue business style
Communication styles do not exclude business dialogue. This is when people interact with each other within the framework of their professional functions. A business dialogue always pursues a specific goal towards which the conversation participants move during the conversation. Also, this course of the conversation contributes not only to information exchange, but also to certain skills, experience and knowledge.
An example of a business conversation is the relationship with partners, management, subordinates, including business partners, competitors, heads of other organizations and company owners, etc. Any business dialogue has its own style, which determines the methods and methods of conversation to achieve the ultimate goal. during a conversation.
A business conversation is like a mask or a chosen model of behavior that helps the dialogue participant to go to the intended goal, as well as to show himself in the role of a good leader and a high-class specialist.
Teacher Communication Styles
The manner of dialogue of the teacher is due to the way he relates to students. It is also largely determined by his personal qualities and the communicative situation in the atmosphere of which the interaction takes place. The most important personal quality of a teacher during a conversation is nothing more than possessing the ability of an organizer. The way the teacher relates to students can be expressed in:
- Passively positive.
- Steady negative.
- Situationally negative.
- Active positive.
The first type is characterized by rudeness with the active use of derogatory expressions, insults are manifested, the ethical professional rules of the teacher are very seriously violated.
The second type is characterized by excessive demands on the part of the teacher, lies in the desire to build exclusively formal, business relations. It does harm to students, since the official tone and low emotionality of communications have a negative impact on the creative development of children.
The third type is highly dependent on the mood of the teacher, and in this regard, he has strong variations. As a result of such fluctuations, students become closed and distrustful.
The most favorable is the active positive type, which provokes a business reaction to the active behavior of students, where informal communication can help them realize their needs.
Communication styles include ritual dialogue. He solves the main problem while maintaining the relationship with society, as well as representing himself as a member of this community. It is important here to have a partner during the dialogue in the form of the necessary attribute to perform the ritual. Real life is filled with a huge number of various kinds of rituals, in which everyone’s participation is implied in the form of a kind of “mask”, which is predefined by some properties. In such rituals, only one thing is required from their participants - familiarization with the rules of the game.
This style is distinguished by many contacts in which, looking from the outside, and in some cases from the inside, there is no sense and content, because at the first impression they do not carry any useful information, and will not be able to achieve a certain result.
Valuable time seems to be wasted, causing only irritability. Но бывают случаи, когда люди от таких встреч получают удовольствие.
Стили общения: отстранение
Весьма с трудом можно отнести данную манеру к ведению диалога. Скорее всего это является способом ухода от взаимодействия. Бывают случаи. Когда нам приходится вести беседу с человеком, который нам неприятен. He can be a client, boss or a casual companion on the plane. The detached style has its own peculiarity - to minimize dialogue. The following are examples of a few simple tips on how to engage in a "remote" dialogue:
- Do not initiate a conversation. Whoever needs it will ask.
- Make a stone mask on your face. Emotions, facial expressions and gestures here will be superfluous. If anything, then practice in front of the mirror.
- There should be extremely dry speech, excluding adjectives, jargon and diminutive expressions from it.
- Form monosyllabic answers like, yeah, yes, see, no, etc.
- Do not try to use this style with people who are at least of some importance to you. Although, if there is a desire to get rid of them, then yes.