Useful Tips

How to change the last name, first name or middle name of an adult


According to the law No. 143 “On acts of civil status”, every citizen has the right to change his name to any other. Parents can change their name in relation to their children under the age of 14. From the moment of reaching this age, a citizen can already make such a decision on his own.

Important!Citizens of the age group of 14-18 years old need the consent of both parents, and in respect of children under 14 years of age, permission of the guardianship authorities will also be required.

It should also be remembered that minors can only change their first or last name. To change the child’s patronymic, good reasons are required that are allowed by law.

In order to change the full name of a person who has reached the age of 10, the parent must also provide the consent of the child.

The law does not restrict citizens in choosing their name, you can change to absolutely any that does not contain numerical values.

Name change reasons

When submitting documents, you must have a reason that should be reflected in the application.

As a rule, the most common causes are:

  • difficulty in pronunciation
  • dissonance,
  • religious beliefs and nationality.

However, the law does not establish a list of mandatory reasons; the applicant may indicate any other.

Name change procedure

Change of name is carried out by the territorial bodies of civil registration. Therefore, in order to change the name, you must contact them directly, you can also use the services of the MFC.

It is not possible to submit this application through the website of the State Service. This procedure requires a personal visit.

The process of changing the name includes 5 stages:

  • applicant's application with documents to the registry office,
  • registry offices review documents within 30 days - compare archived data with the submitted information of the applicant, make inquiries to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia to obtain information on convictions or facts of violation of the law by the applicant,
  • upon completion of the audit, an entry is made in respect of the applicant regarding the change of name and surname and a certificate of change of name is issued
  • after the certificate is issued, the registry office authorities must inform the Main Department of Internal Affairs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs about the changes within 7 days in order to avoid evading the applicant’s liability (if there are legal violations),
  • a citizen who has changed his name, must apply to the Main Department of Internal Affairs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for 30 days to replace the Russian passport.

What documents are needed to change the name

To change the name in the registry office, you must submit the following documents:

  • application (form No. 15),
  • valid passport of the Russian Federation,
  • birth certificate,
  • certificate of marriage (divorce),
  • written consent of parents - for persons under 18 years of age,
  • written permission of guardianship authorities - in relation to persons under the age of 14,
  • receipt of state duty payment - 1,600 rubles.

Important!State duty must be paid on the old name.

The deadlines for consideration of documents are 30 days, in special cases, the period may be extended, but not more than 60 days. For example, the reason for the extension may be the lack of archival information, and also, if the birth certificate was issued in the former Soviet republics, then in such cases a request will be sent and an answer will be expected (no more than a month).

Reasons for refusing a name change

There are situations when the registry office may refuse to change the name. Typically, this occurs in the following cases:

  • an incomplete set of documents is submitted,
  • State duty not paid
  • the selected name does not comply with legal standards (contains numerical values),
  • name change is made to avoid liability (problems with the law, search, non-payment of alimony, etc.),
  • guardianship authorities have refused to change the name (for persons under the age of 14),
  • there is no notarized consent of the parents (for persons under the age of 18).

An unlawful refusal to register a new name can be appealed pre-trial - for this you need to write a complaint to the registry office. If the requirements are not satisfied, the citizen has the right to go to court to protect his interests.

After changing the name, it is necessary to replace the remaining documents (passport, SNILS, TIN, medical insurance policy, driver’s license, etc.).

Change of passport

The procedure for changing the name includes the mandatory replacement of the passport within 1 month from the date of its issuance to the applicant. Otherwise, a citizen may be fined 2,500 rubles.

To change your passport, you should contact the bodies of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. When applying for a name change, you can apply for a passport replacement in person at the office and through the IFC, or through the electronic portal of the State Service.

The basis for obtaining a new passport is a certificate of name change issued by the registry office.

To obtain a new passport, you will need to prepare the following list of documents:

  • application for the issuance of a passport (application form 1-P dated November 30, 2012),
  • valid passport of the Russian Federation,
  • copy of the certificate of change of name, previously received in the registry office,
  • photos 4.5x3.5 cm - 2 pcs.,
  • if necessary, documents for marks in the new passport on marriage, children, etc.,
  • document on payment of state duty.

Important!The size of the state fee for replacing a passport in this case is 300 rubles.

The preparation of a new passport will last up to 10 days, receipt is possible only personally by the applicant.

According to the legislation, identification documents are not issued to representatives by proxy.

1. In what cases can I change my name?

An adult can change his last name, first name and patronymic by contacting the registry office at any time. Russian law does not indicate the reasons for which an adult could not change the name, but reserves the right to refuse to provide services to the registry office. If this happens, you must be informed in writing of the reasons for the refusal.

If you have minor children, you will need to change their birth certificates. This is done simultaneously with the registration of the name change.

If you changed your surname at the same time you got married or divorced, you do not need to additionally register a name change, a confirmation of the surname will be a certificate of marriage or a certificate of divorce. In this case, there is no need to change the birth certificates of children. If during the registration of a marriage or divorce you did not begin to change your last name, and after you decided to change your name, you will need to go through the usual procedure for registering a name change.

Can I change my last name

The surname is assigned to a person from birth and accompanies him all his life, until there is a need or desire to change it. You can change the surname if there is such a good reason, such as marriage, or on your own. The procedure for changing the surname requires a special procedure, the presence of grounds and the collection of documents.

What does “name” mean and who can change it

At the legislative level, it is determined that the structure of a name consists of information identifying a specific person, namely, a surname, a proper name and patronymic. In the broad sense of the term, a name can be changed in whole or in part. Any citizen of Russia who has reached the age of 14 years has the right to do this of his own free will at any time.

Parents also have the right to change their name in relation to their children under 14 years of age. It must be borne in mind that before the child reaches the age of fourteen, the law allows you to change only the name and surname, it is forbidden to change the middle name.

A prerequisite associated with the desire to change the name is the citizen’s lack of motive to hide from the authorities and avoid criminal or other punishment for illegal actions committed by him.

The law does not contain rules restricting citizens in any way in choosing a name. You can change your name to any other, the main thing is that the new one does not contain numbers.

Reasons to change the name

When applying for a name change, a citizen must indicate a good reason for making such a decision. It could be:

  • name discord
  • difficulties in pronouncing it,
  • the desire to take the name chosen at baptism,
  • desire to have a name consistent with the religious beliefs and / or nationality of the applicant.

The law does not fix an exhaustive list of grounds: the applicant has the right to indicate any reason and refer to any circumstances that, in his opinion, are important and may affect the resolution of the issue.

At what age is it allowed to change the name

The fact how many years you can change the name is established by the Federal Law “On acts of civil status”. According to his provisions, the minimum age of a citizen with whom he is entitled to apply for a name change is 14 years.

However, a person’s name can be changed much earlier at the request of his parents, adoptive parents or guardians. The decision in this situation is taken by the guardianship and trusteeship authorities, and on its basis a decision is made by the head of administration.

If you are wondering how many years you can change a name without anyone’s permission or consent, then a Russian has the right to draw up a name change on his own and get new documents from 18 years old.

How to change the name of the child

The name of the child is given at birth by agreement of the father and mother. But it happens that the child was called by one name, and subsequently the parents for some reason wanted to choose another.

The procedure is somewhat complicated if the child has reached the age of 10 years, when you can change the name only provided that the opinion of the child is taken into account, and his consent will be mentioned in the decision made by the guardianship authorities.

If the child himself wishes to change the name, it is worth knowing that until he reaches the age of majority, he will have to obtain the consent of his mother and father, adoptive parents or guardians to implement his plan. In the absence of their consent, a court decision will be required, unless the minor has previously been recognized by the court as fully capable.


The change of surname, first name and patronymic is the responsibility of the civil registry office, which records the fact of a change in basic personal data, therefore, apply for a certificate of change of name, as well as a replacement of a birth certificate and amendments to copies of civil status acts in which the applicant’s name appears , it is necessary in the registry office. If you are seriously wondering how to change your first and last name, you should consult in this instance about all the nuances of going through the procedure.

A citizen has the right to begin registration of a name change:

  • directly at the registry office in the region of residence or at the place of registration of the applicant’s birth,
  • in a multifunctional center authorized to transmit data to the registry office.

The task of the registry office when accepting an application for the provision of public services is to:

  • requesting information from the registry offices at the location of the documents,
  • reconciliation of information in these acts with information in the documents submitted by the applicant,
  • deciding whether to approve the application or to refuse,
  • registration of changes in acts of civil status of the applicant or sending him a reasoned refusal in writing.

Keep in mind that if the name is changed by the registry office in relation to Russian citizens, foreign citizens or stateless persons on the territory of the Russian Federation, changes to the records of civil status documents drawn up by the competent authority of another country in accordance with the provisions of the laws of that state are not made.

Through the registry office

The process of changing the name through the registry office is carried out in four stages:

  • A citizen personally contacts the civil registry office at the place of registration, fills out an application on the spot, indicating what exactly he would like to change: name, surname, middle name or all data at the same time, and presents all the necessary documents.
  • Within a month from the moment of filing the application, the department’s employees are considering assigning a new name to the applicant:
    • they take up centralized archives and compare the data of copies of acts of civil status stored in them with the documents provided by the applicant,
    • send a request to the Ministry of the Interior to check against the applicant for a criminal record or cases of violation of the law.
  • If the applicant has not changed his intention, he reports this to the registry office, where he is issued a certificate of change of name

That's all it takes to change a name. If inconsistencies are found in the documents provided by the applicant and copies of civil status certificates received from the registry office at the place of their storage, one will have to wait for the elimination of the inconsistencies.

When the applicant’s request has been granted and the name has been replaced, this fact is reported to the territorial branch of the federal executive body at the place of residence of the applicant, who has the authority to control and supervise migration (GUVM MVD).

Notification of authorities is mandatory - the head of the registry office is given 7 days from the date of registration of the name change to be notified of the migration service. For the citizen, it remains for one month to provide a certificate to the migration service to replace the passport.

Through the multifunctional center

Those wishing to change basic personal data are often interested in whether it is possible to change the name through the multifunctional center. If you decide to use the MFC electronic service, a citizen must fill out an online application for the provision of a state name change service.

The service will offer the applicant to give his consent to the request by the registry office of the registry of acts of civil status from the departments at the place of their storage. Also, the user will need to choose a registry office from the proposed list.

After receiving an invitation by email to the registry office, he will need to personally appear there with all the necessary documents. As we see, the applicant is not exempted from a personal visit to the registry office.

Will the public services portal help

If the applicant is interested in how to change the name and surname without leaving home, then the answer is unequivocal - the procedure established by law for changing personal data of citizens does not provide for actions in any other way than submitting an application personally or applying to the registry office of the applicant’s representative on the basis of a power of attorney.

In particular, filing applications on the official Public Services Portal has become a very popular way of applying for public services. However, in the matter of changing the name, this resource may be useful only for replacing a passport when a certificate of registration has already been received.

Name Change Application

The name is changed by the registry office employees on the basis of an application - for such a document there is a unified form No. 15 approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of October 31, 1998 No. 1274.

A free-form application cannot be accepted by an agency employee. Without affixing the date of filling out the document and the signature of the applicant, as well as without indicating mandatory information about the citizen who wants to change the name, the paper will not be accepted for consideration.

Name Change Documents

When a person decides to change his name, he is primarily interested in what documents are needed to change the name, because he does not want to subsequently cause confusion when contacting state bodies or in relations, for example, with the employer, due to the fact that in various contracts, agreements, certificates and other papers, a citizen is mentioned under his past name.

So, a citizen must present the following documents for a name change in the registry office:

  1. A passport of the Russian Federation or a passport of another state with a translation into Russian, certified by a notary (sometimes an apostille is also required).
  2. Birth certificate of a citizen.
  3. Birth or adoption certificate of each child under 18 years of age (if any).
  4. Marriage certificate (if any).
  5. Divorce certificate if the person wishes to return his premarital name after divorce from the spouse.
  6. The written consent of parents, adoptive parents, guardians or a court decision on a name change (if the applicant is under 18 years old). If a minor has been recognized by the court to be fully competent, such consent is not required.
  7. State duty receipt.

These are all documents for changing the name, you don’t even need to provide a certificate from the psychiatric clinic to prove the meaningfulness of your actions.

It is worth thinking about what will happen if you change the name and at the same time do not comply with the deadlines that are given for replacing a passport after assigning a new name to a citizen. In such cases, the offender will be fined 2,500 rubles.

What time frame is the name change

The registry offices are given 30 days to study the documents from the date the application was accepted. The term may be extended by the head of the department department for no more than 2 months. Такое может произойти, если органами ЗАГСа, в которых хранятся акты гражданского состояния заявителя, не было предъявлено какой-либо запрошенной копии записи в орган, куда он обратился за сменой имени. Потребуется дополнительное время для повторной подачи запроса.

Возникает вопрос, как сменить имя, если копии актов гражданского состояния, в которые необходимо внести изменения, были потеряны органами ЗаГСа. In such a situation, you will have to file a lawsuit with the court on the basis of a message from the civil registry office about the absence of primary or restored documents. And the restoration of acts of civil status will be carried out on the basis of a court decision that has entered into force. When the incident with lost documents is resolved, the process of studying the issue of changing the name will continue.

Also, the waiting time will be delayed if a difference is found between the data in the records submitted by the registry office at the place of their storage, and the documents submitted by the applicant along with the application. Until clarification of circumstances and elimination of inconsistencies, the name may not be changed.

If the birth certificate was issued in the former Soviet republics, a request for confirmation of the data is sent there, and waiting for a response will also require additional time - but usually no more than a month.

Service cost

The change of name provides for the applicant an obligation in the form of payment of state duty in the amount of 1600 rubles, regulated by paragraphs. 4 p. 1 art. 333.26 of the Tax Code of the Russian Federation. A fee is charged for registering a name change and issuing a certificate.

If a citizen needs to re-obtain a certificate of change of name, a separate state duty is provided for this in the amount of 350 rubles. The size of this fee is set by paragraph 2 of paragraph 1 of Art. 333.27 of the Tax Code of the Russian Federation.

When they can refuse

In order not to encounter a refusal and not waste time re-contacting, you need to know in advance what you need to change the name. So, they can refuse to register for the following reasons:

  • A citizen tries to evade responsibility by changing personal data: for example, evades payment of alimony or hides from criminal prosecution.
  • The applicant submitted an incomplete set of documents.
  • A citizen wishing to change his name did not pay the state fee and, accordingly, did not provide a confirmation of the fact of payment of the receipt.
  • The guardianship authorities issued a negative decision regarding the change of the name of the child (including due to the refusal of the child himself at the age of 10 years to change his name).
  • A minor child, not previously recognized as emancipated, did not receive consent to change his name from parents, adoptive parents or guardians, or the court decision was not in his favor.
  • The name chosen by the applicant contains numbers.

In the event of a refusal, the head of the registry office must explain in writing why the applicant was refused and check the return of all documents attached by the citizen to the application.

Failure Protest

To reduce the likelihood of a need to appeal the decision of the civil registry office, you must first find out how to correctly change the name. If a citizen was refused registration of an act of civil status - a change of name, the applicant has the right to appeal the actions (inaction) of employees of a state agency.

Be sure to exercise your right: request and keep a written refusal.

Clarify the essence of their dissatisfaction in writing or verbally with an official:

  • executive authority of the subject of the Russian Federation, the competence of which includes the organization of activities for the registration of acts of civil status,
  • of the territorial body of the authorized federal executive body that exercises control and supervision functions in the field of state registration of acts of civil status.

Usually, a pre-trial settlement is enough to resolve the issue and either get a positive decision to change the name, or make sure there are real legitimate reasons for refusing to receive public services.

However, if even after receiving a second refusal the applicant insists on a name change, he has the right to file a lawsuit in court.

It will be necessary to draw up a statement of claim and attach the following documents to it:

  • a copy of an identity document,
  • documents confirming the existence of a reason for a name change,
  • a written refusal by the head of the registry office to register the name change.

The consideration of such a written complaint will take no more than a month from the date of its registration. When there is a need to extend the time limit for considering a complaint in connection with conducting an inspection or forwarding a request to other state institutions, the applicant will receive a notice on extending the term for consideration by 30 days.

In the event that the court decision is made in the applicant’s favor, the registry office will be required to register the name change on the day the citizen presents the court decision.

What documents need to be replaced after changing the name

The procedure for changing the name is not too complicated. Difficulties arise when a citizen finds out what documents need to be changed when changing a name, because most of them should be replaced in a short time. Some documents, for example, a diploma of higher education, remain valid, and if they are presented at the place of requirement, you only need to attach a copy of the certificate of name change.

Lawyer. PhD in Law. In 2007 she graduated from NRU TSU. In 2013, she received the degree of KYUN MFUA. Head of Legal Consulting, consulting agency. I specialize in family and inheritance law.


Becoming a passport holder with new data is a small problem. Although many people think differently, believing that this process carries a huge amount of difficulties. But in fact, there are no harsh conditions, the most important thing is that a person should be 14 years old at that time. From the moment a child reaches this age, he has the opportunity to change his first name, middle name or last name of his own free will and at any time. The only thing is that up to the age of 18, the consent of the trustee or parents will also be required.

The reason why I would like to carry out this operation also does not bother anyone. If a person does not like his name - well, this is not so rare. And, in fact, the same with middle names. Because it often happens that a mother’s brother or grandfather is much closer to a person than his biological father, from whom he only got a middle name. It is clear that as a result there is a desire to change it.

What is needed from the documents?

So, although changing the name is a fairly simple process, there are some difficulties in this matter, as in any other. And the first one is in the documents. How to change the name, what is needed for this? The first thing is to contact the registry office. And you need to have a statement with you, which indicates that a person wants to change - it can be a surname, name, patronymic.

A birth certificate will also be required. In the event that a person is married, then a certificate of his marital status will also be required. It happens that with the requirement to change the name in the passport, a divorced person applies. A certificate of divorce will also need to be provided in this case. Still need birth certificates for their children, but this is if they are still underage. This is necessary in order to make appropriate amendments to their documents as well.

Legal provisions

About how to change the name, what is needed for this and what nuances does this process have, is described in detail in the federal law “On acts of civil status”. And before asking questions, you should study it. In this provision, it is written that if a person wants to change passport data (it does not matter that this is his last name, first name, middle name), then he will need to wait a month from the passport office for an answer. In any case, it must be considered for this period. There are rarely cases in which it is increased. But the maximum period does not exceed two months. And if such a need arises, then a person must be informed of this in a mandatory case.

Replacing documents

So, when the fact of the change of surname is carried out, a person will have to issue a special certificate, which will become the basis for replacing the passport. This is the second stage; everything still needs to be documented. To obtain such a certificate, you must come to the passport office at the place of residence. And in addition to this document, you will need a statement to replace or issue a passport, two photographs (of a standard generally accepted standard) and all papers that are mandatory for affixing appropriate marks in a new identity card. This is a birth certificate of children, a military ID, a certificate confirming registration, a certificate of marriage or its dissolution and a passport. And still it is necessary to pay a state duty. But the change of surname does not end there either.

The fact is that changing your last name or first name is a simple process, but it takes a lot of time. The main difficulty lies not so much in filing papers as in the fact that you have to change a whole bunch of documents. In addition to all of the above, you will still need to get a new document on education. And it’s good if the name change occurs while the person is a student - there will be no particular problems in getting a diploma.

Document Update

Perhaps the replacement of all of the above is the most difficult stage. But with the main problems does not arise. These are a driver’s license, a compulsory medical insurance policy, a foreign passport and payroll cards.

By the way, many are afraid of the stage of replacing a diploma of education. Strict legislation that would regulate this process does not exist. It’s just that in the REGISTRY OFFICE, a person changing his name / patronymic is given a certificate that says that he now has other passport data. And with such a document, both the certificate and the diploma are absolutely legitimate.

By the way, often an employer helps a person renew documents. In any case, he can deal with questions about replacing SNILS and medical insurance. Only your employer will need to be informed about this.

Perhaps the biggest difficulty is the replacement of documents with real estate or with some other property. The same thing applies to gift giving and heredity. However, this can be addressed a little later. The first stage is the replacement of the passport, and only then you should take care of other issues.

Replacing a foreign passport

How to change the name in a foreign document? So, everything is simple. Firstly, this procedure is quite simple, and it can be carried out at any time - our Russian legislation does not limit these terms in any way. And if there are no plans to leave somewhere in the near future, you can not think about it. However, the delay is also not necessary.

The application is submitted to the OVIR, and there it has been reviewed and approved for several weeks. Along with this document, you will need to submit your new passport, its photocopies (you must duplicate all pages that have any marks), a certificate of citizenship (but this if it was received after 09/01/1992), four photographs (3.5x4.5), a receipt on payment of the state duty (its size is about a thousand rubles) and, of course, your old foreign document. Then it remains only to wait until the name change in the passport is carried out. A person must be informed about this.

How to replace a medical insurance policy?

If you can wait a while with a foreign passport, then it is advisable to replace the medical policy as soon as possible. Health can fail at any moment, and nobody will treat a person with one name according to the passport and another - according to the policy.

A name change in this document is possible after applying to the insurance company. Least of all hassle is required if the employer takes care of the replacement, as mentioned above. Well, all the detailed information about this procedure can be found by contacting the insurance company. On average, a replacement will take two months. In addition to the application, it will be necessary to provide three more documents - a new Russian passport, medical policy, insurance certificate (SNILS).

Driver's license

Many people think about how to change the name in their driver’s license. This is just as important as replacing a passport. After all, everyone knows how the use of invalid rights is punished. So, how to change the first and last name in your ID? To do this, you must contact either the MREO or the traffic police. Usually, replacement is performed in two months. Before you go there, you need to collect some documents. They are slightly more than necessary to replace the remaining certificates.

The first is, of course, a new passport with changed passport data. The second is the original and a copy of the marriage certificate. You will also need to show a medical certificate confirming the suitability of a person to drive a car. This is the most unloved stage for those people who decided to change their name in rights. You will also need a driver’s card, a receipt for paying the state duty (its size is about 800 rubles) and, finally, old rights.

But there is one plus - it is not necessary to change documents to your car, numbers, and also power of attorney. You just need to make the appropriate changes to the TCP and get a new registration certificate of the vehicle.

Bank cards and accounts - do I need to change?

Definitely necessary. Without fail. In any case, the cards are accurate, but if you have your own account, you can simply inform the bank that the name, surname or middle name has been changed. Everything is simple - it will be necessary to come to the department with a new document and certificate issued at the registry office. Employees will review the information provided and make the appropriate changes to their database. This process is perhaps the fastest of all that accompany the change of passport data - it will take only a few days.

Replacing a work book

This is also important. Although they get to the work book in the last turn. And after the rights, medical policy, insurance certificate, cards and passport have been replaced, this seems like a trifle. And everything is actually nowhere simpler - it will be necessary to go to the personnel service of the company in which the person works. And in fact, nothing needs to be done. It is only necessary to provide the photocopied copies of the certificate on the replacement of the full name and a new passport. An employee of the personnel department will do the same as was the case with the replacement of data on the bank account - they will correct them in the database and make the corresponding entries in the work book.

The processes associated with the change of name, surname or patronymic to many seem very tedious and complex. Therefore, many abandon the idea of ​​doing this. Some girls do not even take the name of their chosen one after marriage, because they do not want to do all of the above. However, you just need to be patient and spend some time. The most difficult thing is to fill out questionnaires and applications.

2. What documents are needed to change the name?

  • statement,
  • passport,
  • birth certificate,
  • birth certificates of all minor children (if you have children),
  • if you are married - certificate of marriage. If you have been in more than one marriage and at the time of marriage you have changed your surname, you must submit certificates of all previous marriages,
  • if you divorced and after that you decided to return the premarital name - divorce certificate. If you have been married to more than one marriage, you must present certificates of dissolution of all previous marriages,
  • if your spouse is dead - death certificate,
  • information on the payment of state fees - for registering a name change and for amending each certificate of civil status: in your birth certificate, in the birth certificate of children (if you have children), if necessary - in the certificate of marriage (state duty paid without fail, a receipt is provided at the request of the applicant).

Certificates (certificates) issued by registry offices do not need to be provided at the time of registration of a name change, unless changes are made to them and if they are executed and issued after March 31, 2012. The exception is the birth certificate - to change the name it must be provided.

3. Where to apply?

Contact the registry office at the place of residence or at the place of registration of your birth. To save time, you can apply for a name change on So you can choose the registry office and the date of its visit, as well as significantly reduce the time you spend in the registry office when applying.

4. How long does it take to register a name change?

With any method of filing documents, the standard time for consideration of an application is one month from the date of filing. If all the documents necessary for changing the name were issued by the registry office you are contacting, the time period for considering the application can be significantly reduced, if not, it can be increased to three months.

Если у сотрудников отдела ЗАГС не возникнет вопросов к документам, вас вызовут для регистрации перемены имени и выдачи свидетельства о перемене имени, повторных свидетельств о рождении детей и при необходимости повторных свидетельств о рождении, о заключении и (или) расторжении брака. Сама процедура регистрации перемены имени займет не более 60 минут.

5. Какие нужно будет поменять документы?

  • паспорт гражданина России — в течение 30 дней,
  • полис ОМС — в течение 30 дней,
  • документы на автомобиль — в течение 14 дней,
  • водительское удостоверение — в течение 10 дней,
  • военный билет. It is necessary to inform about the change of surname to the military registration and enlistment office within 14 days, you can change the military ID later,
  • international passport,
  • SNILS. SNILS number after changing the name. saved, but it is better to replace the insurance certificate,
  • INN When changing the name, the taxpayer identification number does not change, however, you can replace the certificate of registration of an individual with the tax authority,
  • work book
  • documents on ownership of real estate,
  • Muscovite map
  • certificate of maternity capital.

Most of these documents can be issued in one package at the public services centers “My Documents”. Here you can reissue the subsidy for the payment of housing services, if you are its recipient. More detailed information on paperwork in one package can be obtained by calling the Unified Inquiry Service of Moscow: +7 (495) 777-77-77.

Documents issued abroad are not amended. The ownership of such documents is confirmed by a certificate of name change.

Do not forget to inform the banks, HOA or management company, the City Center for Housing Subsidies (if you receive subsidies), the district department of social protection at the place of receipt of social payments (if you receive), the Department of City Property (if you are on the waiting list for improving living conditions) about the change of name; , to an educational institution (if you have already graduated from an educational institution, education documents do not need to be changed).