Some programs do not work without geolocation services enabled. 1 When a program first requires access to geolocation services information, a permission request is displayed. Choose one of the following options.
- Click “Allow” to allow the program to use the information of geolocation services as necessary.
- Click "Do not allow" to deny access. 2
On iOS devices, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can be used to determine the location. GPS and cellular data can be used to determine location on iPhone devices and iPad models (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
Enabling and disabling geolocation services for specific applications
- Go to Settings> Privacy> Geolocation Services.
- Make sure geolocation services are turned on.
- Scroll down to the desired program.
- Click a program and select one of the following options.
- Never: Access to location services information is denied.
- “When using the program”: access to the information of geolocation services is allowed only when the program or one of its functions is displayed on the screen. If the option “When using a program” is selected, the status bar may turn blue when a program is actively using data about your geolocation.
- Always: Access to location information is allowed even when the program is running in the background.
In this case, explanations may be displayed on how the programs use information about your location. Some programs can offer only two options. Learn more about privacy and location services.
Let's start by directly connecting the option. Initially, GPS is disabled in all "apple" smartphones. To start using it, you will have to follow a little instruction.
How to set up GPS on iPhone 5s? To do this, you will need to enable the so-called geolocation services. They allow you to use GPS in various applications, but only if you have an Internet connection. Without it, navigation will not work.
Turn GPS on as follows:
- Open the Settings menu when the iPhone is on.
- Go to the section entitled "Privacy / Confidentiality".
- Click on the line "Location Services".
- In the window that appears, put the switch in the "On" state. Further it is offered to choose a GPS operating mode. For example, "Always."
You can close the settings. After this, the GPS navigation will be fully enabled. But that's not all. Now you need to configure it in various applications. As a rule, if the program works with GPS, then at the first start it will require access to geolocation services. It is enough to click on the "Allow" button to use all the options of a particular software.
Using the Maps service
Now it’s clear how to enable GPS on the iPhone 5s. Next, we will talk about how to work with this service. For example, about setting up location in the Maps program.
To bring the idea to life, you will need:
- Go to the iPhone main menu. To do this, click on the "Home" button.
- Find the Maps app on the screen. Click on the corresponding icon.
- Click on the curved map screen. A menu with settings appears.
- If you press the "Satellite" button, the image of the map from the satellite will pop up on the display. The blue pointer is the position of the subscriber.
- Select "Hybrid". This feature overlays street names and house numbers with satellite imagery.
- If you click on the button with the arrow in the lower left corner, a compass will appear. An orange nose points to the north.
- How to set up GPS on iPhone 5s? It should be noted that when working with the "Maps" application, the card rotates in the direction that the mobile device is pointing.
This is all you need to know about working with Maps. The main thing is to include the Internet and geolocation services. After that, the GPS-navigator will work without any problems.
But that's not all. It’s clear how to enable GPS on the iPhone 5s. And how to use location too. Another trick is working with the Compass program. For its operation, GPS is also required.
To determine your location through Compass, you must:
- Open the main menu of the "apple" phone and find the appropriate program in it. It is located in the Utilities folder.
- Turn on the phone GPS and the Internet.
- After starting the program, a compass will appear on the screen, on which the coordinates of the user's location will be registered.
To go to the "Maps", you must click on the button with a small arrow in the lower left corner. How to enable GPS on iPhone 5s? The answer to this question will no longer be a hassle! By the way, when you go to the "Geolocation Services" section, you can see a list of programs that have access to this option. By clicking on the corresponding lines, the subscriber is able to control the GPS settings in a particular software.
Disable and enable GPS on iPhone
So, if you need to disable or enable GPS on your iPhone, then you must first open the Settings app. This can be done simply by clicking on the icon of this application on the iPhone’s desktop.
After opening the settings application, you need to go to the "Privacy" section (or to the "Privacy" section if you have an older version of iOS). This section is located approximately in the middle of the list, after the sections “Touch ID” and “Battery”.
In the "Confidentiality" section, you need to open the subsection "Geolocation Services". This section should be at the very top of the screen, and next to it it will be indicated whether GPS is now on or not.
After that, you will be taken to the subsection "Geolocation Services". All iPhone settings related to GPS will be available here. At the very top there will be a switch with which you can turn GPS off and on on your iPhone. If the switch glows green, then GPS is on.
Disabling and enabling GPS for individual applications
After you turn on GPS in the "Privacy - Location Services" section, a list of applications that can use GPS data for their work will appear. At the same time, next to each application, it will be indicated whether this application is allowed to use GPS or not. If “Never” is indicated next to the application, this means that the application is prohibited from using GPS data.
Using this list, you can disable and enable GPS for individual applications. To do this, click on the desired application and select one of the available options. For example, if you click on the Weather application, you can select the option "Always", "Never" or "When using the program."
In addition, in the section "Confidentiality - Geolocation Services", at the very bottom of the list of applications, there is such a subsection of settings as "System Services".
In this subsection, you can disable or enable GPS for individual iPhone system services.
For example, here you can disable or enable GPS for geolocation advertising, geo-alerts, Find My iPhone service, etc.