If year-round cultivation of parsley is impossible, then there are ways to keep the healing plant fresh for the long winter months. The plant does not withstand long-term storage fresh - the aromatic culture, after harvest, dries and withers in a warm room for several hours. In chopped form, it is recommended to immediately serve. Parsley can be stored in the refrigerator without freezing for up to three days. There are several ways to keep parsley fresh for the winter.
The benefits of parsley and contraindications
In folk medicine, the root part and parsley shoots are used, and healing broths are prepared on their basis. Parsley is taken for diseases:
- duodenal ulcer
- genitourinary system
- thyroid gland.
In cosmetology, decoctions are used to stimulate hair growth and strengthen hair follicles.
Contraindications for use:
- diseases of the bladder, stomach, liver and kidneys in the acute stage,
- increased tone of the muscles of the uterus during pregnancy,
- exceeding the recommended dosage for the preparation and use of medicinal decoctions leads to dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
Features of parsley storage and types of blanks for the winter
The rules for storing parsley root for the winter and shoots differ:
- The aerial part of the plant is harvested in June to preserve the smells of parsley.
- The roots are harvested at the end of summer - at this time it is necessary to dry the parsley root so that the vitamins are stored in it for the long winter.
Ways to make winter parsley semi-finished products in the home kitchen:
- preservation with the addition of oil,
Frozen parsley: cooking methods and benefits
You can freeze parsley and store the fragrant plant in the freezer to enjoy healthy greens in the winter months. There are three methods on how to freeze parsley for the winter:
- in cling film
- in ice briquettes,
- in packages.
The procedure for how to dry parsley at home for storage in frozen form:
- Gently rinse the aerial part with cool running water, remove the coarsened part of the plant.
- Put in a colander or spread on fabric napkins, allowing water to drain or soak. You can use the electric dryer.
- Finely chopped dried stems and leaves, tear by hand or chop with a blender. You can form bundles by twisting several plants together and bandaging them with thread.
- If you pack parsley in cling film: divide the green mass into portions, wrap, pack, keep in the freezer compartment at a temperature of - 16 ° C.
- To prepare greens in the form of beautiful ice cubes, finely chopped raw material into the molds, pour warm boiled water into the recesses of the container, allow to cool and put in the freezer.
In the solid state in the culture for up to 12 months, its healing characteristics remain active and the piquancy of fresh herbs remains. Portioned ice cubes with greens are dipped in broths and soups a few minutes before being ready, and frozen buns in cling film are used to make salads and are suitable for serving first and second courses before serving.
The advantages of freezing over other methods:
- preserves the shape, color and smell of fresh plants,
- preserves the healing properties and activity of trace elements,
- saves time,
- stored for up to one year.
Harvesting parsley for the winter at home is a simple process. You just need to determine what is acceptable for yourself.
How to dry parsley at home or in the country
The root system and shoots of the plant are dried if it is not possible to make blanks in the freezer.
What is the best way to store root parsley for the winter in the refrigerator:
- Rinse the plants, separate the roots.
- Dry on the fabric for an hour.
- Cut dried parsley into thin slices, bars or cubes.
- Spread evenly on a tray in one layer.
- Put in the oven and dry with an open door for 5 hours (recommended drying temperature of 50-60 ° C).
For winter storage, you can dry the root parsley at normal temperature, leaving the slices in a well-ventilated room for about a day. After drying, put the parsley root in jars or any other container with a tight lid.
How to dry greens:
- To clear and sort stalks, having separated stale and crushed leaves. Rinse.
- Chop or chop finely.
- Thinly spread on a tray.
- Leave in a cool, unlit place until the moisture evaporates naturally.
In order to cook dried parsley in the form of greens or chopped root, you can use modern kitchen "helpers" - a microwave or an electric dryer. The smaller the shoots of the plant will be cut, the faster the cooking process will be completed. In dried form, root parsley or herbs is stored for up to two years without loss of beneficial properties.
How to make a workpiece using oil
As in the case of drying the product, greens and root crops should be harvested separately. The roots should be cut with a sharp knife as small as possible, while not using a blender (otherwise additional moisture will come out of the plant). The shoots are also well dried on a towel or in an electric dryer.
- Rinse the glass jar and lid in hot water and sterilize.
- Gently, layer by layer, place the resulting raw materials in a jar without compressing or crushing the green mass.
- Pour refined or unrefined oil of any kind into the container.
- Store parsley prepared in this way in the basement, cellar or in the refrigerator.
For the safety of the finished product, the green mass must "sink" in the oil fluid for at least one and a half fingers!
An original way to prepare a green plant is to freeze it in butter in a chamber. For this:
- Rinse the green part gently, chop and lightly dry.
- Distribute over the honeycomb of the ice container.
- Heat the oil to a liquid state and cool to room temperature, not allowing to harden.
- Pour green raw materials with thick frozen oil and freeze in the same way as with the first method with water.
The main advantage of cooking greens with oil is the preservation of the pure aroma of the plant for a long time.
How to pickle parsley for the winter
Two main ways to pickle parsley for the winter:
- classic and fast - without heat treatment,
- canning in spicy brine.
Salting parsley with salt without marinade is the easiest way. Suitable for whole plant stems, and in order to preserve the smells of finely chopped green mass.
- Separate the greens from the roots.
- Place whole twigs or chopped raw materials in a sterilized glass jar. Finely chopped greens can be slightly tamped.
- Sprinkle with salt in a ratio of 200-250 grams of salt per 1 kg of parsley.
- Cover tightly, store in a refrigerator, cellar or cool place.
- In order to avoid moldiness, additionally sprinkle the mass with salt.
Salting in the marinade is an original method of preparing parsley for the winter. For cooking you will need:
- Rinse parsley, chop, dry.
- Sterilize the glass jar and lids.
- Garlic (1-2 cloves), 3-4 peas of allspice and bay leaf put on the bottom of the jar.
- Prepare the marinade: boil water in a saucepan, salt and add sugar. Add vinegar, mix and remove from heat.
- Put the parsley greens in the jars, press tightly, pour hot marinade.
- Sterilize and roll up jars with blanks.
- Allow to cool. Store salted parsley in the refrigerator.
Vitamin preparation with parsley for the winter
You can salt the parsley by adding other herbs to the billet - celery, dill. The recipe for vitamin dressing for salads and soups from parsley, celery and dill.
- 1 bunch of young dill,
- 1 bunch of parsley (you can use several varieties)
- 3 stalks of celery,
- vegetable oil.
- Rinse greens, dry, finely chop.
- Cut celery stalks into cubes.
- Put in a jar, pour salt and pepper.
- Tamp well, add vegetable oil.
- Close cover tightly.
The vitamin mixture is stored in the refrigerator for 4-6 months, suitable for salads, soups and main dishes.
Parsley is an unpretentious garden plant used in cooking, cosmetology and traditional medicine, due to the content of useful trace elements and a delicious spicy aroma. You can save parsley for the winter at home in various ways - freeze it fresh, dry it and even pickle it in the marinade. This aromatic parsley blank will be a wonderful reminder of the summer and will decorate any dish. Save parsley root for the winter - provide yourself and seven vitamins for the whole winter.
What is useful parsley
It is difficult to overestimate the degree of usefulness of greens, since the therapeutic effect on the human body is very large. The versatile influence of the constituent elements leads to an increase in overall tone.
The impact of parsley on a person is:
- adjustment of the adrenal glands,
- improving metabolism
- anti-inflammatory effects
- strengthening blood vessels
- ensuring the normal functioning of the brain,
- improving the condition of the body with diseases of the stomach and duodenum,
- stimulation of digestive enzymes,
- stimulation of appetite,
- a feeling of fullness,
- beneficial effects on the organs of vision,
- strengthening gums and much more.
When using parsley in any form, do not forget about contraindications. Besides good, it brings harm. You should consult your doctor before self-medicating.
It is undesirable to use parsley for those who:
- suffers from diseases of the bladder, cystitis, urolithiasis,
- has chronic diseases of the internal organs,
- has a tendency to allergies.
Everything is good in moderation - no need to abuse, and there will be no harm from the use of culture.
We prepare the necessary ingredients
When collecting herbs for storage, it is worth considering several rules under which parsley will retain the maximum of useful properties:
- The green part of the plants is harvested at any time. The vitamin stock concentrated in the leaves does not change at different periods of the growing season.
- The roots are assembled only in the fall, since it is at this time that they are filled with the maximum amount of nutrients.
Before you start harvesting parsley, you need to separate the green part from the rhizome. Sort all the leaves, removing dry, yellowed specimens.
Wash all components and dry well. Then decide on the method of conservation in the winter. It depends on the time a housewife has and the personal preferences of family members.
Methods for harvesting parsley for the winter
For every housewife there are recipes suitable for her preferences and wishes. Just look a little. Create suitable home conditions for the workpiece is not difficult. And the seasoning obtained as a result compensates for all the expended forces.
The whole plant is harvested for the winter, there are not many ways to accomplish this task:
- Drying. The roots and leaves of plants are dried in an oven or in the fresh air.
- Freezing The crushed parts of the culture are frozen and stored in a freezer.
- Pickling or pickling. Chopped greens and chopped roots are pickled or salted.
- Oiling. The workpiece is mixed with oil and stored in the refrigerator.
Choose a method of preserving culture should, having studied the recipes.
There is nothing complicated in drying parsley. It is enough to fulfill several requirements, and everything will work out.
How to dry the plant and keep the fragrance - many housewives ask this question. Compliance with the requirements and rules leads to the fact that parsley preserves not only odors, but also mineral components.
The advantages of this method is that parsley loses weight and becomes more compact. And it is easier to store, and it does not require special conditions.
To prepare for future use green mass or roots, they are well washed and dried. Then sorted out, removing unsightly, sick and deformed specimens. At the end of the sorting, the roots are cleaned.
The greens are dried in a whole bunch, together with the lower part of the petiole, or each leaf individually.
Roots, depending on size, cut into circles or cubes. Prepared raw materials can only be dried. Do it in many ways.
This method is lengthy, but the effectiveness does not suffer from it. Greens are dried whole branches or chopped in such a way as for immediate consumption.
For drying, it is placed on a plane, evenly distributed over the surface on which it is dried. The thinner the layer, the faster the raw material dries. Lay out no more than 1 centimeter thick.
The greens collected in bunches are suspended under a canopy or in another well-ventilated room. Leaves should hang down. It is advisable to exclude direct sunlight on the foliage, as it will turn yellow and lose attractiveness.
The roots are also dried in the fresh air, chopped randomly and covered with gauze from insects. Periodic turning of the pieces will speed up the drying process and eliminate debate.
Depending on the accompanying conditions, the plant will have to dry from 5 to 20 days, not forgetting to periodically turn the raw materials over to speed up the process.
To prepare the spice in this way, a lot of time is not required. Seasoning will be dried much faster than in the first case.
It is important not to overdo it with the temperature, because the higher it is, the faster the roots and greens dry. But this affects the appearance and complex of nutrients that make up their composition.
The optimum temperature is 40-60 ° C. Washed and peeled roots are cut into cubes or plates and laid out on a baking sheet. Greens are laid out with twigs or cut and distributed in a thin layer.
Dried with the door open, the approximate time spent in the oven is 5-6 hours. Finely chopped raw materials dry several times faster.
In the electric dryer
This assistant in the kitchen will always help out a housewife. You don’t have to do anything special, the roots need to be cut, and the green branches are laid out whole.
Set the mode "For herbs", and set the temperature to not more than 45 ° C. It is necessary to periodically look at the process, interchanging pallets. It’s difficult to specify the exact time, it depends on related factors: humidity, cutting thickness and much more.
In the microwave
Spread parsley on a plate, preferably flat, cover the bottom with a napkin. The power of the device is maximum. The time for which the raw materials are placed in the microwave is 2 minutes, then you should look at the appearance of the plant. If it is not dry enough, set for another 2 minutes. And so on until the mass reaches the desired state.
An effective way to preserve the culture for the winter is to sprinkle with salt. There are many recipes for its preparation. It is required to choose the most suitable method.
Salt in this way is not difficult, the minimum amount of ingredients is used:
- parsley - 400 grams,
- salt 100 grams.
The greens are sorted, washed with running water and separated from the coarse stems. The prepared glass container is scalded with boiling water. Sprigs are mixed with salt so that it is evenly distributed. Then put in jars and put away for storage. A fridge, balcony or other cold room is suitable.
The classic way in the bank
Proven for years, the method preserves the beneficial substances that make up parsley. No additional ingredients will be needed. All unusual methods require a lot of time to prepare, and this recipe is simple and no less useful.
- parsley - 300 grams,
- salt 3 tablespoons.
Well washed greens are wiped with a towel, chopped and rubbed with salt. The more thoroughly they do, the better.
The resulting mixture is tamped in sterile jars and closed with any lids, at the discretion of housewives.
The lid should close tightly without letting air in. This will prevent signs of spoilage.
Salty seasoning is well stored in the refrigerator or cellar. At room temperature, mold may develop. With this parsley any dishes and salads are prepared.
To pickle parsley with dill, you need a minimal set of ingredients. And the benefit increases several times. The amount of greens is determined by the housewife, it is important to observe only the proportions of salt. If there is more raw material, then it’s okay.
- equal amount of dill and parsley,
- salt at the rate of 200 grams per 1 kilogram of green mixture.
The green part of the plants is well washed with water, then they must be dried. Grind raw materials in any convenient way.
Then in a separate bowl all the ingredients are combined, the salt is thoroughly mixed with green mass. Then proceed to ramming. If simply folded, the greens will begin to deteriorate. It is necessary not to report a bit to the top, leaving a gap between the lid and seasoning.
To prevent spoilage of the finished product, housewives pour a little more salt on top of the workpiece.
Cans are stored in the cold. If they are small, and they are few, then the refrigerator is quite suitable.
Try to cook this workpiece with salt is recommended for everyone. It turns out a useful vitamin mixture, perfect for dressing dishes, salads and soups.
- parsley, celery and dill - 250 grams each,
- salt - 250 grams.
First of all, green parts of plants are sorted and washed, necessarily removing all unsightly specimens. Thick stems are cut. Cut into slices 2 centimeters long.
Celery root is peeled and cut into the same strips. Stacked in a separate bowl.
First, greens and salt are combined, well-ground, then celery roots are added. All mix well and put in jars. Tamp the workpiece, then put it in the refrigerator.
No less effective way of harvesting greens for the winter is freezing. The culture preserves the entire supply of nutrients, thereby helping to maintain immunity in the middle of winter. To freeze plants, you will need very little time and effort. There are 3 ways, which one is the best, the hostess herself will decide.
You need only parsley. The quantity is not limited. Leaflets are well washed, sorted and dried.
If the greens lie down for more than 30 minutes, it will begin to wither. This will complicate the preparation of the workpiece.
Drying using a towel will be quick and effective. Then it should be cut arbitrarily or as for immediate dressing.
Ready chopped green mass is laid out in bags. Do not freeze in large quantities, this is not advisable. After repeated thawing, the residues will turn black and will not go to the gas station. Next, the bags should be frozen.
A more time-consuming method of harvesting greens in the winter. You will need boiled water and herbs.
Parsley is washed several times in cold water. It is not necessary to dry it, as it is filled with water. Finely chopped, it will be easier to compact into small cubes of shape.
They are laid out in molds, compacted and filled with chilled water. Put in the freezer for several hours. After the cubes are frozen, they are removed from the mold and put into bags. For convenience, sign.
In this way, preserve greens the fastest, but you should dry it well. The bundles are formed based on one preparation or two. The remains lie in the refrigerator for several days, no more.
Finished bundles are wrapped with slices of cling film or put into a plastic bag. And sent to the freezer on demand.
Harvesting fresh parsley in vegetable oil
To properly prepare a dish according to this recipe, nothing special needs to be done. Greens are prepared in the same way as with other storage methods for the winter.
Parsley is crushed and placed in a dry container. In this case, ramming is not necessary, then pour vegetable oil and store the dressing in the refrigerator.
Parsley in the marinade
An appetizer is made a little more complicated than previous recipes, as a marinade should be prepared.
- horseradish leaves, cherries, currants,
- garlic - 2-3 cloves,
- salt, at the rate of 1 tablespoon per liter of water,
- bay leaf, allspice,
- 70% vinegar - 0.5 teaspoon per 1 liter jar,
Make preparations for the winter should be so. Parsley is washed and sorted, cut arbitrarily. Spread in jars, with previously added leaves of cherry, currant, horseradish and cloves of garlic. Prepare a brine: 1 tablespoon of salt per 1 liter of water. Pour into finished jars and close the lids. Sterilize for 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the container. Roll up and put into the cellar for storage. It is better to cook such a seasoning in the summer, when the greens are most rich in vitamins.
Preservation is one of the ways to harvest parsley for a long shelf life. Difficulties with cooking will not arise even for a beginner. The main preservative in all recipes is vinegar.
To prepare the workpiece, you need directly greens, vinegar and salt.
Parsley is prepared, as with all other recipes. Well washed and dried. Cut into pieces 5 centimeters long. Gently stack in jars, then prepare the brine. For 1 liter of water, 1 tablespoon of salt.
In finished cans, add 2 tablespoons of 6% vinegar and pour brine. Do not top up, leaving about 2 centimeters.
Installed in a sterilization container. The boiling time is about 10-15 minutes. As ready, the cans are rolled up and cleaned until completely cooled under a blanket or blanket.
To preserve blanks during the winter, follow simple guidelines. The storage room must be at a constant temperature. Differences should be excluded, this has a bad effect on the twist.
The approximate temperature regime for the safety of the product is 0 ⁰- +10 ⁰С. Humidity is 80%.
Frozen greens should not be thawed and re-frozen, this will lead to the fact that the mass turns black and becomes unsuitable for eating.
Store dried herbs in a tightly closed glass container in a dark, dry place.
Seasoned recipes for long-term storage require a cold room. A fridge, a glazed balcony or a cellar will do.
Harvested greens, which, if necessary, are always at hand, perfectly helps in the middle of winter. In addition, it helps maintain the body during a period of lack of vitamins.